Special guests David De Rose from Synergy Partners and Jennifer Sze from Vidaris join us to discuss maintenance, inspection, and service life of building facades.
Co-hosted by Mic Patterson, PhD, LEED AP+ Facade Tectonics Institute and Ted Kesik, PhD University of Toronto.
Learn more about the CSA S478-2019 Standard.
View/Download Ted's Tower Renewal Guidelines.
This episode is brought to you by Schüco USA.
Continuing Education (members only)
FTI members are eligible to earn one (1) AIA LU credit for this episode.
- Recognize the importance of the facade as a passive system in buildings.
- Identify methods of maintaining facades over time.
- Learn about the facade inspection program in the City of New York.
- Learn about service life requirements of buildings based on the CSA S478 Service Life standard.
- Identify the relationship between design and constructability of facade systems.
To receive credit, complete the course evaluation with the correct answers. If your answers are incorrect after submitting the first time, please correct them and resubmit the form. Your form must show 100% accuracy before we can process your credit.