50% of New York Build’s conference program is represented by female speakers, a first-ever for any construction show in the US!
New York Build is the largest construction & design show for New York. Taking place at the Javits Center on March 2nd & 3rd.
Network and do business with thousands of New York’s top contractors, developers, architects, civil engineers, and more.
There are also 11 exciting networking events including Women in Construction and Diversity in Construction, the Architect’s Hub, and a Festival of Construction with entertainment, live performances and music, celebrity guests, and more.
New York Build is proud to announce that this year’s show will have a 50/50 split of men and women across the conference program, a first-ever for any U.S show! Hear from a diverse and wide range of industry leaders from across the sector, including:
- Alison Landry, Assistant Commissioner - NYC Department of Design and Construction
- Elizabeth Beardsley, Senior Policy Council - U.S Green Building Council
- Lida Aljabar, Director of Climate Resiliency - NYC Department of Housing Preservation & Development
- Cecilia Kushner, Executive Vice President for Planning - NYC EDC
- Aman Krishan, Principal - HOK
- Rebecca Milne, Director of Design Strategy & Board Director - Perkins Eastman
- Melissa Burch, Executive Vice President - Lendlease
- Vlada Kenniff, Vice President for Energy and Sustainability - New York City Housing Authority
- Ann McNeill, Founder - National Association of Black Women in Construction
- Amanda Rogers, Chief of Construction - The Port Authority of NY & NJ
Take part in New York’s largest networking event for women in construction. Talk to and feel inspired by diversity champions from all across the construction industry.
In partnership with NAWIC, this event is free-to-attend and gives visitors the chance to share their experiences with a group of like-minded people.
Dates to mark in your diaries
- New York Build Expo - 2nd and 3rd March
- Diversity in Construction Panel and Networking Event - 2nd March 2 pm - 4:00 pm
- Women in Construction Panel and Networking Event - 3rd March 2 pm - 4:00 pm
New York Build Expo is free to attend. Find out more and register for free tickets at https://www.newyorkbuildexpo.com/women-in-construction.
About Facade Tectonics Institute
The Facade Tectonics Institute (FTI) is the premier member organization for building industry and professionals as well as academic, government, and nonprofit organizations and institutions focused on healthy and livable communities. The Institute’s primary objective is to fuel discussion and collaborative research that bridges fragmented market segments of the building industry, pairing government, academia, ownership, and industry professionals. Integral to this mission is the dissemination of historical, theoretical, and practical information derived from this research to the building marketplace, thereby acting as a conduit and facilitator for both learning and further collaborative research pursuits.