Due to the increasing concerns and uncertainty surrounding the coronavirus (COVID-19), the Facade Tectonics Institute has made the decision to postpone the World Congress until August 5-6, 2020.
We are dedicated to delivering the highest caliber event possible, with the safety and health of our attendees, sponsors, and staff being the top priority. Many companies have enacted restrictive travel bans for their employees, several including travel within the US, which would have heavily impacted our programming. This decision was made by Institute leadership after having gathered extensive input from members and sponsors, which was overwhelmingly in favor of postponement. In addition, to prevent anyone from getting sick and avoid any contribution to the spread of the virus, we feel postponing the event is the best option to move forward.
We regret the inconvenience we will all share in taking such action, and greatly appreciate your continued dedication to and support of our shared mission: bringing accelerated positive transformation to buildings and urban habitat through the powerful fulcrum of the facade system.
You need take no action at this time. Current registrations and hotel bookings will be automatically transferred to the new event date. At this point, please do not contact the hotel about changing your reservation. We will be providing more information shortly, as we continue to gather feedback from our membership.
The event was on track to be our best yet, with registrations and sponsorships far exceeding our previous Congresses. Our goal is to use this delay to provide you with an even better, higher quality event, one that will move the built environment in the direction of our mission! If you would like to help with that, let us know.
Please feel free to reach out with any questions or concerns.
All the best,
Facade Tectonics Institute