As the new year approaches and we look back on 2019, we are grateful for the growth and accomplishments of the past year, all made possible by the unwavering support of our members, event attendees, sponsors and industry peers. As we head into 2020, we take a moment to thank you, and to look back and share some of our key achievements and best moments of 2019. Together, we:
- launched a redeveloped membership program with new membership levels offering enhanced benefits: JOIN US!
- brought our celebrated regional Forum Series to five new cities, with stellar events in Miami, Minneapolis, Toronto, Seattle and Houston, and we closed out the year with another sold out event in NYC.
- formed four new committees, including the Special Advisory Council, Advocacy Committee, 2020 World Congress Committee and the Honors & Awards Committee; there are now more ways than ever to get involved in the Institute!
- announced our biennial 2020 World Congress & Expo with new initiatives involving paper and poster presentations, workshops and a retooled curated sponsorship program to provide even more opportunities for our sponsors.
- qualified over 100 papers through a blind peer review process to be presented in a multi-track program at the 2020 World Congress in LA, March 25-26.
- FTI, in collaboration with leading industry partners, announced the first-ever Facades Week: LA – a solid week of facade-focused educational programs, networking events and expos in conjunction with the 2020 World Congress
We look forward to celebrating future successes with you in the coming year: stay tuned for exciting new events and initiatives being announced in 2020.
Helen Sanders, PhD
Facade Tectonics Institute