The Outstanding New Facade is awarded to a deserving facade application on a new building project.
Submissions for the Outstanding New Facade category will be evaluated in the overarching context of innovation and sustainability, which may include diverse considerations ranging from design concepts to project delivery strategies, supply chain management and lifecycle performance attributes.
The hierarchy of consideration for the Outstanding New Facade Award will be:
- 10% — Clarity (narrative and graphic representation)
- 25% — Durability
- 25% — Utility
- 25% — Beauty
- 15% — The extent to which collaboration and collaborative processes among the project team can be demonstrated to have played a definitive role in outstanding project outcomes.
Before beginning your submission, please review the assessment criteria and eligibility to ensure your project or project team qualifies for the award. Once you have reviewed the assessment criteria and eligibility, please prepare the following materials in order to successfully complete the online submission form.
Online submission form >
1. Basic Project Information
- Project Name
- Project Address
- Completion Date (month and year)
2. Project Data
- Structural Material
- Building Type
- LEED Rating (if applicable)
- Building Heith (ft)
- Square Feet
- Facade Area
- Building Systems
- Project Processes
3. Project Team
- Facade Contractor
- Facade Maintenance
- Project Managers
- Main Contractors
- Material Suppliers
- Other Consultants (if applicable)
4. Written Description
Please prepare answers to the following questions within the given word counts.
- Description of the project or building upon which the submission is based. (200 words max.)
- Description of the comprehensive roles of the team members. (1,000 words max.)
- Description of the facade related innovations employed or otherwise exhibited. (500 words max.)
- Description of the importance of the innovations and potential positive disruptive influence on the industry as a whole. (200 words max.)
- Description and quantitative analysis of the sustainable attributes of the submission. This should include both embedded carbon and on-going energy considerations. (500 words max.)
5. Project Images
A selection of projects images and drawings are required for each submission. At minimum, please include a plan, elevation, and typical section.
Images and drawings should be submitted as individual files and should be medium to high resolution (300dpi at 8.5" x 11" size).
- Supported file formats: JPG, JPEG, TIFF, TIF, EPS, PDF, DWG
- Individual file sizes cannot exceed 20 MB each.
- Total upload size of all files cannot exceed 100 MB.
Captions & Copyright
You will be required to provide copyright information and captions for each image uploaded. For the benefit of the jury, please be as descriptive as possible in your captions.
6. Participation Consent
Participation in the FTI Vitruvian Honors & Awards Program requires consent to the following:
- All award nominees are expected to comply with the following responsibilities:
- Representatives of the project must attend and present at the FTI 2021 Vitruvian Honors & Awards Ceremony to be held in New York City on April 20, 2021.
- Each speaker will pay the reduced nominee registration rate for each speaker to attend the 2021 Vitruvian Awards Ceremony.
- All projects entered to the FTI Vitruvian Honors & Awards will also be included in the online FTI Project Database using the provided submission content and descriptions.
- Right to Usage of Materials: All submitted text and images are provided with the understanding that they may be used in Institute materials, including the FTI website, press releases, award announcements, and other means of publicity for the purpose of promoting the 2021 Vitruvian Honors & Awards Ceremony. Copyright clearance and payment of any fees for artwork is to be organized by the submitter prior to submission. FTI will properly identify all materials with the appropriate copyright notice and credit line, as supplied during the upload process.
Ready to submit a project for consideration? Please complete the online submission form by Monday, January 18, 2020.